10.05.2009

it occurred to me today that if the theory of evolution is just a theory, then the atomic theory that everything is made of atoms and the kinetic gas theory or whatever its called are also just theories and are therefore on the same plane as evolution. but no one questions the validity of the atomic theory. everyone takes it as truth. therefore it makes sense for scientists to take evolution as truth. except it seems somewhat less backed up by evidence than the atomic theory. but yeah. saying evolution is just a theory and therefore no scientific weight should be placed on it is preposterous, as much as the idea of evolution itself is preposterous.

anyway. chemistry. is getting to me. now i need to. go do chemistry.

oh you know how gupta always said ChemIsTry? well. my chem prof is like, its no use to try. you have to do it. dont try.

ok bye

7 comments:

  1. the atomic theory is not questioned because there is no other explanation for it while the theory of evolution has other more concrete explanations, thus the atomic theory is more trusted is my theory...

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    -meatball

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure there is. theres dalton's model, and bohr's model, and rutherford's pudding... they've just become obselete, as intelligent design might as well one day. unlikely, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scientists also have the Theory of Relativity, no? And that is largely believed, I think...?

    At any rate, we cannot use the discrepancies of the use of "theory" as a way to discount evolution...at least, I don't think so?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dawning i you missed my point. the point was that you cant discount evolution just because its a theory. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops. xD ...it was a jumble of words (MISSING A LOT OF PUNCTUATION!!!!). =P You can't blame me for missing your point...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand now. THE SKIES HAVE CLEARED; MY VISION IS NO LONGER CLOUDED! =P --but still, please, punctuation...>.> That's just me, though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol sorry but i speak w/o punctuation and i type as i would speak. you're lucky i even put periods. i try. heh.

    ReplyDelete