11.08.2009

highlights of the weekend so far:

- chinese food after little spark on friday!!! unfortunately, sam woo is more americanized than any chinese restaurant i would choose to go to, but it was ok. dinner at 10:30. got back at 11:45. is that the latest ive ever stayed out here?

- homework and laundry on saturday. i lived in the lounge.

- finally changed out of my pjs when it started getting dark again so i could go to brianas house to BAKE COOKIES heck yes i still have some famous flourless pb cookies if anyone nearby wants any.

- brought our cookies to a dessert potluck/game night at some mansion that some college students live at. jk its a townhouse, but its hecka big for a few college students. arguably bigger than my house at home. two story. but yes it was fun. almost like back at home when i invite too many ppl over to my house by accident. played catchphrase, which is almost taboo, and speed scrabble, yepyep. just like home. unfortunately i was already too full from tasting my cookies that i didnt have space for much more but oh well.

- tenth avenue north is my new favorite band. not for their sound even tho i like that too, cuz seriously, a lot of bands sound alike, but their lyrics capture my heart. everyone knows "by your side," which is very moving, but heres one that ppl dont know so much: times. i actually find the music not that interesting, but the lyrics make it one of my favorites. here's part:
But I hear You say
My love is over
It’s underneath
It’s inside
It’s in between

The times you doubt me
And when you can’t feel
The times that you question
Is this for real?

The times that you’re broken
The times that you mend
The times you hate me
The times that you bend

My love is over
It’s underneath
It’s inside
It’s in between

The times that you’re healing
And when your heart breaks
The times that you feel like you’ve fallen from grace

The times that you’re hurting
The times that you heal
The times you go hungry and are tempted to steal

In times of confusion
In chaos and pain
I’m there in your sorrow under the weight of
your shame

I’m there in your heart-ache
I’m there through the storm
My love I will keep you by my power alone

I don’t care where you’ve fallen or where
you have been
I’ll never forsake you
My love never ends
It never ends
its poetry. but its better with the music so listen to it.

- worship/prayer at the cliffs this morning. it was misty out over the ocean so you couldnt see any line between the ocean and sky, which were about the same color. with the white foam on the shore that looked like the clouds in the sky, its easy to imagine that i stood at the end of the earth the sky literally touched the beach beneath us. or that the ocean extended up over above us. made me very reflective. i didnt feel so much like praying and singing as i did to just sit there and appreciate God without words. esp as i still had the above song playing in my head.

- i just found out that i was supposed to read 50 more pages for ethnic studies oh well ill do that tomorrow morning.

- the rest of today: call my grandma cuz ive been thinking about her a lot lately, and i miss her. write the rest of the revelle song. play piano and bask in his love thats over and underneath, inside and in between.


also, all the walking i do here has finally caused my poppy hip to start to bother me sometimes.

THAT IS ALL I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

5 comments:

  1. i have a bad hip as well.

    but glad you know you love sd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aristotle > Plato11/8/09, 10:00 PM

    a poppy hip? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite song right now by tenth avenue north is "beloved". you'll like it. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUGTIWCFyo

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i bought the whole album cuz i love the whole album. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speed Scrabble! You can play it online!

    If you aren't already :)

    ReplyDelete