12.13.2009

this is the meaning of christmas: that i was so hopeless and lost in my sin and helpless on my own, broken, unworthy of anything but death, and that God so holy and perfect decided to love me enough to pick me up and make me his own through the suffering and death of himself. christmas is God stepping down onto earth, the prelude to his death and resurrection and my salvation.

my doubts about the reality of salvation has made me come to realize how worthless i am and how much i still need jesus. i need him. God, let me never forget that i'm nothing. let me never think that i'm worth anything on my own.

what peace to know that the God of the universe loves me despite everything wrong with me. my worth is not dependent on me but on God. beauty.

but it's so easy to forget, why?


itunes: tidal wave (owl city)

9 comments:

  1. because we live in a physical body. and because we're in a physical body, we are sinners. it is easy to forget because our physical body forces us to seek pleasure for itself. thats what i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deeppp :[
    my opinion is becuz satan injects prides in our viens :)
    hahahahahahailovesthatsong
    :/
    everyone needs God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cause we are the sheep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. naw dont give satan too much credit, leon. satan is only the tempter and accuser. pride is our own sinful nature, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course, the 7 sins. pride is one of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever say you are worthless again, because God said you worth a Son to Him. You better accept that at face value. Take an identity of child of God, set apart for Him, that is what holiness means. And that faith of trusting his evaluation about you is counted as righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you completely missed the point, mama. one must become worthless first in order to need and accept jesus and find one's worth in him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a past tense, you use present tense, so that is mistaken. I searched Bible, everywhere Bible mentioned "sinner", it refers to unbeliever, to contrast with believers. In gospels, sinners refers to a person's past as significantly messy. In Gospels you don't read everybody is sinner either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We still need Jesus everyday, -- means we need to go to the Father through Him, His work. Jesus is a perfect tense, He has completed the task of taking you home, and you can feel the effects of this deliverance all the time and rejoice victoriously all the time.

    ReplyDelete