2.17.2010

today i attended the best chem lecture ever.

he was like this is the equation relating this and this according to the balmer series of whatever lines. but nobody could explain it with classical mechanics!!!! and then he did a complicated derivation and arrived at the same simple equation and he's like IS THIS COOL, OR WHAT?? THIS. IS. THE. MOST. IMPORTANT. EQUATION. IN. QUANTUM. MECHANICS. and it really was really really cool because of the incredible mathematical relations found in nature. i saw God right there, behind how this math and chem tied together. and then some guy raised his hand and asked, can you explain why this equation is so significant? and the professor freaked out. "WHY IS THIS EQUATION SIGNIFICANT???????? ........................ JESUS!" and i was like YES, JESUS, THAT'S WHY IT'S SIGNIFICANT. and i got really excited cuz it's really cuz of jesus, how everything in nature ties together with such order like this, even though he probably meant it as a wtf sort of interjection. its undeniable! even my quirky chem professor keeps refering to the God/nature/whatever behind everything he talks about, how he/she/it gives us little hints in nature so we can come up with all this cool stuff in chemistry. yesyes, you cant get away from the fact that God's fingerprints are all over nature. :]]]]]]

10 comments:

  1. jack rabbit2/17/10, 3:51 PM

    thats why bio's ur major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sis, please keep praying for me and my roommate.

    -brother who says aw mo shi ru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you shout out "YES JESUS" right there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, aw mo ji ru bro, i have been. :] this morning even.

    haha no i didnt shout it out loud, i only said it to my friend sitting next to me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I can't believe I fell asleep during that lecture (well, yes I can...no more all-nighters, right? xD). Can you go over it with me sometime if you have time, please? Thank you.

    "Yes, Jesus!" I was actually up during that part of the lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny how you're complaining about pulling allnighters and sleeping through lecture at 3:14 am, neilson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent a gift for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA THAT IS SO interesting...it kind reminds me that though someone may use the Lord's name in vain, I guess I don't have to look at it that way...and I can kind of "pretend" that it was said in a reverent, loving manner? I don't know...

    I DEFINITELY THOUGHT YOU MEANT IN A SERIOUS WAY, AND SO I LITERALLY BLURTED OUT, "WHATTTTTTTTTTT????? YOUR PROAJEWPFOAIWJEPOAFIEWJ WHATTTTTTT" Except my mouth is not capable of speaking that part, but yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hm well no i wouldnt "pretend" that God's name taken in vain is said lovingly. it was the just irony in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, sister Elena. :)

    ReplyDelete