9.08.2010

Some things in life...

...we just have to learn over and over again. The past couple of weeks I've been trying to find someone to pick me up from the airport in SD, with no success. Not only is 9/11 a strange day to fly, but it is also awkwardly between quarters, so everyone's at home or Taiwan or something. At first I was confident that I could find a ride from my awesome networking skills at SD. I started out by asking people one by one, waiting until one replied before I tried the next one. At the end of last week, I realized time was short so I started contacting people simultaneously, without waiting for a reply before I messaged the next person. Still no success. My number of attempts must have been approaching a dozen now. At the beginning of this week, I realized time was really running short, so I put up a mass plea on my Facebook status. Finally I got one iffy yes. This morning, I realized that I completely left God out of the picture. I'd been relying on myself to find myself a ride. I forgot that it would be much easier if I just asked God. So I said to him this morning that it's in his hands now, I'll trust him to find me a ride. And then I sent one more email and sat back and waited for the yes's to roll in. By this evening, I was trying to figure out who to allow to pick me up and who to turn down. Well, there you go, lesson of the day relearned. How dumb of me to have to go through this again.

itunes: Lemonade (Chris Rice) - thanks to my "friend who is not the same age."

No comments:

Post a Comment